The Council of Representative consists of 20 members who have highest authority within SAMO. The council is elected by public election for a calendar year and they meet at least four times a year.
Members of the council can influence in the activities of SAMO and in the well-being and trusteeship of students with active participation in meetings.
The council is responsible for e.g. following:
- To choose the chairman and other members of the board
- Approve student union´s annual report prepared by the board
- Confirm financial statements and give the board and other financially liable people exemption of liability
- Approve student union budget
- Approve needed rules and other required regulations
- Choose a student representatives into the UAS administration
- Determine membership fees